A blog that was supposed be made up of bits about cab rides and blurbs about beauty products but, instead, is about other things.

10.11.2006

Youwantcompany? No, thank you.

I got off of the subway. (The elevated train.)

And, at the bottom of the stairs, when I reached the street, there stood a small man.

And he said to me, “Youwantcompany? Youwantcompany? Youwantcompany? Youwantcompany? Youwantcompany? Youwantcompany? Youwantcompany? Youwantcompany?”

And he stood in my way.

And I, pissed that it was 3:00 a.m., and that it had begun to get cold, replied, “No. You want me to beat the shit out of you?”

He was a small man.

And he seemed shocked. And he stepped aside. And even though I had 8 blocks to go, I wasn’t worried that he’d follow me. I’m pretty positive that I don’t know how to “kick the shit out of” anyone. And every time I looked back he still stood there, at the bottom of the stairs. Blocking the way of any imaginary girls getting off of the train even later than me. And just thinking of that phrase made me laugh.
jensnow(AT)gmail(DOT)com. All content Copyright 2008. You can visit me at Things I Don't Understand And Definitely Am Not Going To Talk About (thingsidontunderstandand.tumblr.com) and at www.jensnow.com.