A blog that was supposed be made up of bits about cab rides and blurbs about beauty products but, instead, is about other things.

1.30.2008

You Give Girls A Bad Name

"Do you like me more than dinner?" she asked.
(I should mention: they were clearly on a first date.)

His response, "Dinner as a concept, or this dinner?"

Then, and without hesitation, she started to cry.

He waited what I thought was an appropriate amount of time (two minutes), he put down some money, presumably for the check, and he left.
She sat, still, at the table, and cried.

He doubled back, and handed her a twenty-dollar bill, "For your cab home."
jensnow(AT)gmail(DOT)com. All content Copyright 2008. You can visit me at Things I Don't Understand And Definitely Am Not Going To Talk About (thingsidontunderstandand.tumblr.com) and at www.jensnow.com.