A blog that was supposed be made up of bits about cab rides and blurbs about beauty products but, instead, is about other things.

3.27.2006

A Lot of Art Is Boring

If we've ever discussed art, you know that I'm concerned with price.

Not merely when I'm shopping, or selling, but as a legitimate factor in thinking about/talking about work that's being shown today.

A gallery is a storefront.
A gallerist a salesman.
This isn't a bad thing.

This article
, however, might be. I'd be interested in reading someone address non-blue chip names, and prices, and sales. Something less glossy, and more numerically heavy. No one needs New York magazine to tell them that Thomas Ruff, John Baldessari, and Takashi Murakami will survive an inevitable crash.
jensnow(AT)gmail(DOT)com. All content Copyright 2008. You can visit me at Things I Don't Understand And Definitely Am Not Going To Talk About (thingsidontunderstandand.tumblr.com) and at www.jensnow.com.